10.07.2004

Change


Change has a considerable psychological impact on the human mind. To the fearful it is threatening because it means that things may get worse. To the hopeful it is encouraging because things may get better. To the confident it is inspiring because the challenge exists to make things better.
King Whitney Jr.


You know that song, "Every Day is Winding Road", well my days are the same worn highway and the only thing that changes are the potholes. I have been working the same job for more than 3 years and I abhor routine. I used to quit jobs every 6 months. Sometimes I'd line something up first, but there have been days I stood up and realized I didn't want to be there anymore and just quit. Bills and fiscal responsibility have curbed this reaction but the instinct is still there. I love what I do, not who I do it for. Even worse is I'm in the field I want to work in. I have all sorts of ideas about how to improve these systems but, responsibility without authority is the bane of my existence. I watch people do the same stupid things with these young people, that pissed me off when I was their age.
Everyone keeps trying to do the same thing and expect different results. Then they use the wonderful phrase: think outside of the box. I would like it documented, no one who says this does it. If so they would come up with a better (or at least more original) phrase. I have ideas that I am working on to get me out of this job, Born Universal Truth, I feel torn. I know I have good ideas and that I can't stay here and implement them (re: Authority sans Responsibility). On the other hand I feel like leaving my job is leaving my clients in the hands of assholes. I'm feel like someones father, but I'm to young to have children this old. I need to fall in love with a spanish speaking woman, sell all my possesions and move to Tiajuana. Then I might be able to forget some of this. I'm not sure how many Tequila shots it takes to forget your past but I'm almost willing to try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home