12.13.2004

Boyish Charm vs. 1978 - 12/13/04

I can't/I can:
  1. name 3 videos playing on MTV/Describe Ah-Ha's video "Take on Me"
  2. name anyone in G-unit besides 50 cent/tell you 4 bits would equal $.50
  3. tell you what happened on The Wire/remember the actual events the show is based on
  4. name what albums have just come out/recite songs from the 60's/70's/80's
  5. tell you what football jersey is most popular fashion wise/tell you what happened to the first ever #1 draft pick


This weekend I went to my friends housewarming. Amongst the small group I consider my"friends" he is the youngest and the current front runner to be married and domesticated. This along with various randomness are making me feel and think that I'm old. I was amongst some of my clients who were singing the Ja Rule song "100 Guns", I only heard part of the chorus and I got exited cause my reference is Boogie Down Productions (1990). To my surprise we had a 14 (almost 15) year difference in mind. Before this I had worked out a budget that would allow me to pay off any debt save for what remains of student loans. Pile all this together with me being at my friends house warming and the fact that I realized it may be a few years before I even consider moving in with a woman. Finding one first would help. I find my self less likely to randomly TRY and meet ladies now. I always realize that the next one could be a life time. I used to love nothing more than meeting women. I was great at meeting a group of ladies that me and my friends could get together with at a later time. To worsen the situation the friend from the house warming was also a master of this craft. We along with the rest of the "small circle" spent a lot of time with many groups of women. It's hard to realize he could be married soon, just like it's hard to realize if I fall in love I may end up marrying that person. I believe that you only grow old when your mind is no longer open to new possibilities. So while I may not really feel old...I feel my age increasing. I feel the tug of responsibility. I feel the need to improve my life, not so much for myself, for the child(ren) I want to have one day. I don't mind being older, the realization that it is already fact is the issue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home