12.06.2004

Road Rage and the American Government

On a daily basis I probably curse out 5 - 6 people. Not because I'm mean, I deal with aggression in a healthy way. To quote Mr. James Howlett, " I don't hold grudges bub, I deal with my aggression on the spot." I curse these people out because the only smart driver is the one speeding away from me. None of them probably know I'm cursing at them but it makes me feel better. I realized, however, that people's disdain of road rage and their unwillingness to criticize the president are very similar. My justification for road rage is simple...if you bump into me on the street we can excuse each other and walk on, with cars it's a little more involved...so if you do something stupid in a car I have the right to be mad. You're only controlling more than a ton of steel. Same thing with the president, if he makes a bad decision in his own life...he can be excused...if he does it while guiding the country it's more involved. We're only talking about the lives of millions of people (294,822,167).

Common problems with other drivers:

Lack of commital...if you want to turn - do it, riding your brakes is not healthy. (brake into turn, gas at apex).


Lack of commital...stop trying to please everyone if you don't agree with a group stop trying to sound like it.

Don't speed up to slow down...if you want to get it front of me that bad you should want to keep going.
Don't mention any progress that we need to make unless you actually CAN and WILL do it.

If there are cars in your lane I will not let you over just because you sped up next to me...I saw the cars too, that's why I'm in this lane.


Stay in your damn lane...those lines should go on either side of your car. It's not a tightrope.

Brake riders should be dragged into the nearest alley and beaten. People behind you react off your signal, go or stop - no fence riding.

No sitting at green lights, green means go...and if you get mad cause you get honked at you should be slapped - pay attention. (side note: Baltimore is documented as having the longest red lights.)

If you are slowing up looking for a street...that's what mapquest is for and if not, a mapbook. I know where I need to go...move.

Slow people...get off the road there should not be 2 blocks between you and the person who was in front of you at the red light.

Don't double park within 5 feet of an empty space...you deserve a kidney shot.

Don't hold up traffic talking to the person in the car next to you...you both deserve to be kicked in the throat.

Excessive Honkers...I am ignoring and you don't want the attention I'm willing give you.


There are too many things to list so instead I'll come back and go into my Slap day legislation and how it ties in with this subject.










1 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

right on! Don't forget about those who don't bother using their turn signals before braking to a sudden stop and turning in front of me. Santa Fe drivers are the worst I've seen and I've experienced driving in Boston, LA, and NYC. At least everyone is all crazy and on the same page. Here half the people are crazy, the other half just don't know how to drive.

As for the president... he definitely needs lessons... Namely in terms of diplomacy and playing nice with others.

12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home