12.13.2004

The mistake I might make

I almost made a mistake the other night. It involves an ex-girlfriend. My motto is to never go backwards. If someone caused me to break up with them than I've lost all interest. If someone breaks up with me...my ego makes me lose interest. Anyway I broke up with this woman more than a year ago. In my possesion are several of her books (that I read and enjoy), 3 C.D.s (only one of which I don't like), two articles of clothing and a pair of slippers. She has one of my books, one of my C.D.s and my I'm-going-out-of-town-bag. I tried to exchange things with her several times in the 6 months following our break up but it didn't work out. More to the point she was being immature (her words) in not wanting to contact or speak with me. We had finally set up a time for her to come by and make the exchange. She resorted to her immaturity and did not keep the appt. I since realized no ex of mine has ever returned anything and gave up, much to my chagrin cause she has my Sweetback C.D. which I love. My conscience won't let me just toss out someone's things, the articles of clothing...I appreciate music and books, but I'm getting tired of having it around. Well the other night I remebered her phone number and considered calling her to see if we could make a trade, unless she has taken her anger out on my things. I also thought that perhaps if she seemed at peace and semi-sociable towards me that I could ask her questions. Yes, I'm having a High Fidelity moment, wondering why my relationships haven't worked out and wanting answers. Then I thought well what if something happens...y'know. While we didn't get along in everyway I will say she was one of the only steady girlfriends I've had whose sex drive matched mine. It may not sound like a big deal but when drives don't match it can become annoying. A woman can come to feel like you have a very limited interest in them, and I hate feeling like I always have to initiate sex. (I really write and think on a tangent, don't I!?!?) At first I thought at least it will break my current abstinence, however, my conscience knows that situation would have more baggage than the closet of a Greyhound employee (screw you guys I haven't forgotten). I'll blame the thought of anything happening on my semi-erect state at the time. -(Despite what anyone says I believe that any function of your body that uses a specific amount of blood has to effect your thought process.) My sense of justice and my music collection want my things back. My current abstinence wants a momentary indescretion. My ego wants nothing to do with an ex. My aging mentality regrets that I cannot say I have been in love with someone who also loved me. My blog is begging for a relationship retrospective. My late night...is over in 9 minutes...I'll have to continue this later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home