2.07.2005

BUSH

I have been in various debates about the war and G.W. lately and I don't think I ever posted anything here soooooooo....


Bush sucks...it's that simple for me. I don't see him as intelligent. While I did not like his father, I didn't think he was an idiot either. I just can't understand giving an idiot power. Well I actually do. I remember Bill Maher talking about political speaches and he said it comes down to saying the word that makes the hamster push the pedal. Morals...yes morals are good...Values...yup, we gotta have values. Bush won several states that are full of working class people. How is it (save the hamster theory) that working class people vote for a rich kid who never worked and has a history of looking out for big businesses instead of the working folks? Bush is like Dan Quayle with bigger balls and a hint of booze on his breath. Not only is he stupid, he's also cocky and doesn't care what people think. I feel when the president says public opinion doesn't influence him that's a red flag. You are a public servant. Consider it this way we formed govenrment as a way to help things run. We made shovels as a way to expidite digging holes. How is it that we end up on our knees with our hands in the dirt as our peers say "You don't understand the pressure the shovel has on him." Damn that. I think the president should be treated like what he is...an employee. He works for us. Why do people stand when he comes in. He's not a king. I don't respect the executive director more than front line staff, I don't think just "being" the president entitles you to any more respect. If anything I think we should scrutinize the actions and decisions of the president more than anyone. If I mess up in a big way at work, they fire me and correct the situation. If the president messes up he spends the money of the people he works for, risks/loses lives, changes the lives of the majority of the country. We should not have blind faith in anyone that can impact so many. If Superman were real he would be regulated and would probably have to register himself in some way. Mike Tyson (hell even some people I personally know) have their hands registered as lethal weapons because of skill/ability. Why should a person who holds a large amount of power just be trusted and believed in. The only person I have blind faith in told me you earn trust...this was my mother and while I do trust her, she put in 26 years worth of work...she earned it. Hell, I think cops have too much trust and power. Someone who only had to graduate high school can make a choice that could end or change my life forever. Even cops have people scrutinizing them, they have to fill out reports to justify the firing of their weapon. Meanwhile the president can assign someone to invesitgate the actions...of people he assigned to do something. I don't place that much faith in a person I do vote for. I have no faith at all in any other choice. I mean damn, I have to justify mileage at work even though what I get is not comparable to gas prices today. Here we have people saying we should support the decision of war by a man who never served or went to war. We should have faith in the fiscal decisions of a man who always had someone to look out for him and didn't "actually" earn the money he has. I won't be satisfied until we have a president who is of mixed race, grew up poor, once worked at a fast food restaurant, and needed scholarship money to go to school. I want a president who grew up with some people who are in jail. A president that has had to evade bill collectors. I need the Anti-Bush.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

I voted the first time this year (missed 2 elections before and didn't bother me), and everything I see about Bush on the news makes me want to cry or curl up my fists in frustration. You are right on many issues, and there are many more that we as mainstream American people do not know about but Bush hides his decisions on those issues so we don't have more upheaval. It just pisses me off. I don't know what's happening with America. A friend of mine compared America to an abused housewife who goes back to her husband because he's the only thing she's ever known.

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home