2.05.2005

Club Driving

So I dip to D.C. last night and I realized that despite my lawful driving in the city, on the highway I change. The first image that comes to mind is the "Mr. Walker and Mr. Wheeler" Cartoon with Goofy (which was really an early nod to road rage). The thought hit me after my friend had passed out in the passenger seat and I realized I was almost doing 100mph. Now I know that part of it was because I told someone I could make the trip in 30 mins (35 going via I-495 and 25 coming back at 3:30a.m. via 295 - going too fast the whole way ha-ha). I may have had incentive this time but I realized that I always do this. I won't blame the late clubbin' or the remnants of alcohol in my system. I actually saw the speed limit on 295 and could not believe it was 55mph. I also realized I never knew the speed limit for 295. Fifty-five does seem wrong though...I mean come on. The funny thing is have only ever gotten parking tickets. I'm glad I don't have a car that's built to speed or I might get into real trouble. I wonder if I get to hit the Autobahn will I work this out of my system or will it get worse. I'd lean toward the latter considering that when I get off the interstate and back into the city it's hard to keep it under 45, which is already at least 15 over the limit. Ahhh...to be free. BTW Yahoo map directions suck! You're better off finding it yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home