1.26.2005

Musings of a Star Wars Geek

I am a Star Wars geek. I am one of those cats that believes if I live by the morals and codes established by Star Wars life will be good. I am one of the people who are not dissapointed in the new movies. I feel like we already know the story so the new movies are just backround information. I don't care that George Lucas added new scenes, it's his movie and even though he had some of the best effects until that point he still didn't have the ability to do everything he wanted. I do have a problem with one added scene for continuity purposes but I won't annoy you with the details. There are some things that interest and concern me which is the purpose for this post.

Disturbing...

  1. It bothers me that Leia and Luke are brother and sister and they never address her almost frenching him in Empire Strikes Back.
  2. R2-D2 and Chewbacca should get subtitles - two of the most interesting characters and you never get to understand what they say save by the responses of others. Chewbacca did have a lot of emotion though.
  3. Boba Fett just needs counseling - perhaps a Jedi cutting off his fathers head and leaving him alone on a strange planet at about age 10 or 11 did something to his personality.

Interesting

  1. It tickles me that Darth Vader, one of the most menacing and uncomprimising figures in film built C3PO, one of the most proper, fearful, tight, and basically anti-threatening characters. My theory is that C3PO represents the things he lost as he was corrupted. Kinda like the innerchild he ignored.
  2. It tickles me even further that Darth (see attributes above) was a whining ass, punk kid. I wanted to smack Anakin through most of the second movie.
  3. The Millenium Falcon is like your first car. It doesn't work right, it always has a problem but it's kinda like how could you leave it behind and get a new one.

Just some thoughts and if you think that I'm a geek because of this don't make me give you my dissertation on how the Alien would be the natural choice in Alien vs. Predator. I also have a list of why I am most like Ellen Ripley.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home