2.09.2005

Death and Taxes

I have completed my taxes. Once again I am reminded of the farce that they are. Some of you may not feel this as much but as a young man who does not really own anything I am hit the hardest. I had someone staying with me for a few months but they are in with D.S.S. and caught up with other people claiming them so I couldn't use them...which would have been thousands more. While this money will help me to pay off some bills and have a little fun but I still feel ripped off. There should be extra deductions like...how many times have the police stopped you unjustly. I'd love to get a deduction for: stupid administrators dealt with or how many useless pieces of paperwork you had to wade through. I don't know. It just kills me that I get hit hard and don't really use city or federal services. They don't clean my street when it snows...hell they don't even throw any salt our way. I think the only service I really use is trash collection and as a single bachelor I don't make a lot of trash. On a regular basis I may need to take out my trash once every two weeks unless I throw away something that may generate an odor (like when I cooked salmon last week - geez that skin stinks). I can't even think of many city services I do use. I went to public school but for real they should send me some money cause P.S. sucks. I do drive on the roads, most of which need work and are being ignored. I read this article in the Citypaper about car insurance rates and how the determining process is unfair...I should get a deduction for that. Especially when a lot of the drivers I encounter, because I work near downtown, come from the county (you gotta read the article). Beyond that I know I should just be going down cause males 25 and under pay more anyway. I can't recall anything I get from the city. I can think of several things the city needs to improve on. What sucks with that is I either need a friend within the city to recommend me or an impressive ass Masters degree along with the chance to be seen then you still have to deal with politics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home