2.11.2005

5 O'Clock World

It may not be a secret that I update my blog while at work. What is unusual is my lackadaisical attitude at the moment. I sit and don't do much. I only feel bad because I know the factors that contribute, but I always want to fight those things. Now I feel like I spend more time complaining than doing. It is true that I have more responsibility than authority. It is true that I work for stupid people who don't know what they need to do and are concerned with numbers more than the people they deal with. It is true that my hands are bound on a lot of issues and I don't have as many resources as I need. It is also true that a lot of what I do feels like a waste of time (and actually is). The problem is I'm not doing as much as I used to. See I ruin the bell curve. I'm the guy on your job that knows where the boss is messing up. I'm the one that has all the forms when everyone else runs out. I know the procedures and the guidelines. I can innovate on everything they would like done. They just don't have the vision to take in what you offer. The same things that they were told in high school is what they recycle. This is a different generation. I know that I am limited but I need to do all I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home