5.17.2005

The Rules of Cool




Like Red Stripe Beer Helps their ugly friends look good, I'm here to help the lames.

"It's Niggas in my city that just as lame as you." - Common

Suggested by Goldi. Written by me. Made possible by grants from common sense and my ego.

I had to revise this so they may not be the same...but cool people handle change well.


Redundant as it may sound, you can't be cool if you fly off the handle. Stay Cool. Kirk out via your blog. People don't mind your madness when they can close the browser window and be done with it.

Network; to pull off cool shyt you gotta know people.(Getting in free and all other type goodies)

If more than 5 people are wearing it in one place it's no longer cool (ex: Pink clothes on men) I, personally, didn't like Cameron's pink explosion - but it was semi-cool cause it was different. Once I saw a group of dudes wearing pink it ended. Cool people stand out.

Handle your booze! Nothing is worse than a person who can't handle what he/she orders. My personal preference is to avoid sweet drinks. Go to a club and find the drunkest stupid asshole, I bet they were drinking some sweet shyt. Hard liquor let's you know when you're done.

Name Brands mean nothing...except for some shoes,most name brands do not denote quality. The only "names" clothing-wise that signify cool are those of fabrics: silk, linen, irish linen, seer sucker and so forth. It's not cool to pay for someones name.

Respect and recognize the classics (music, clothing, movies, etc.); anything that is a classic is for a reason.

Cool people aren't stupid. You can't be cool if you never know what people are talking about.

Observe the situation. To truly be cool you can't be surprised alot. See what's happening so that you can turn situations to your advantage or head off bullshit. Knowing the personalities of others also helps you understand what stimuli will effect who and how. Think Carlito's way.

Cool people should have as many associations as possible and as few affiliations as possible. Less chance of getting dragged down in bull and greater ability to gather info and favors. Additionally a cool person is like The Rock: The People's Champ.

Cool people keep their emotions in check, either way. It's not cool to get caught up and do some dumb shyt cause you stopped using your common sense.

It's cool to go against the grain. Never do something because people think it's cool. To quote myself: I'd rather piss in the wind than turn the other cheek, you may get hit either way, but at least it's reciprocity. Never get into a bad spot because of an idea other than yours.

Code Switch. The ability to react in a manner consistent with where you are. Firm handshake in the boardroom. Strong dap on a street corner. King James to slang and back.

IT IS NOT COOL when you mistakenly erase part of your post and can't remember the rest. I lost points.

It is cool to blame blogger and move on. Got my points back.

It is cool to know that what people think about you may effect you. It's not cool to worry about it.

Set the standard. Public perception of cool changes from city to city. True cool is excepted in most fine establishments like American Express (Cool people don't need American Express). Besides...cool breezes do what they feel.



ME and BLOGGER are having issues.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jdid said...

#16?? I'm only seeing to number 8, does that mean I'm not cool enuff :-)

2:05 PM  
Blogger Amadeo said...

@ Jdid,naw I was trying to correct #1 and 7 and somehow deleted the everything after 8. Now I have to exercise my memory...which could be difficult.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Mala said...

I wouldn't know how to be cool if it jumped up and bit me on the ass so thanks for the hints. Some of those things I follow everyday but mostly I have little care for what people say. HOLY SHIT I JUST RHYMED!!! That's it, I'm off on my new career, wish me luck... and like Ahnold "I'll be back."

8:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey i'm COOL.. i never knew it.. holy smokes. thanks man. thanks..

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home