5.02.2005

They're here, They're queer and the country squirms.


Black skinned storm troopers or two brothers with black gloves? I'd say the latter but the former was a comment in a newspaper about this scene. This was a horrifying image for a lot of white america at the time.

">

From todays political climate you would think this is the new stormtrooper. Now I am a straight man who loves women and doesn't really understand the notion of a dude wanting to wake up next to a body similar to their own. Personally I will take the softness of a young lady anyday. What I don't understand is why the country is so scared of two of these people getting married. I honestly don't care. The way I figure it won't hurt me. Half of the marriages in the country end in divorce anyway if two gay men want to live their life together I could care less. I keep seeing those bumper stickers that say "Marriage = Man + Woman" and they just annoy me. In my opinion Marriage (currently) equals a screwed up man and a delusional woman plus some tax breaks. Instead of not letting gay people get married I think they should make more people who want to get married go to classes or pass a test like for their drivers license. I mean how holy is something you can do in Vegas within 15 minutes while drunk and under the supervision of a guy dressed like Elvis? I have trouble understanding how the fabric of our nation is going to be torn apart because gay people get married. Honestly this is becoming the newest government sanctioned discrimination. I don't understand how this just passes and it's all cool. It actually bothers me because I know when injustice is done to anyone it can easily happen to others. It's like I'm waiting for people to start firebombing gay pride centers of something. There is one issue that makes me think it should be cool. Hospital visits. I imagine some gay person who's family has disowned them dying in the hospital and the only person that gives a damn about them not being able to visit because they are not family. Is the nation going to descend into hell because two dudes get married? I'm know that alot of the same people who are against gay marriage cross the street when I'm coming and hit store alarms when I walk in. I've even heard people saying that liberals have to be tolerant of those who don't agree with gay marriage. We now have to be tolerant of intolerance? I say if we let stupid people get married we should let gay people do the same. You have to pass a test to drive but they'll let any two morons get married and have kids.

2 Comments:

Blogger Apocalypse said...

...storm troopers...(classic)..good blog.

11:09 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

you said it all.

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home