4.11.2005

J.O.B. (Just O- Bey)

So on my first day back I find out that after June 30th only three people will continue to work in my office. Upside - I am one of them. Downside - I AM ONE OF THEM. For some reason our highly intelligent *cough* executive director feels that a work force development program for out of school young people (dropouts) does not require a recruiter, a job coach or literacy instructor. Well not all of them anyway. The 2 large centers will maintain literacy instructors and the 3 smaller sites will send their clients to the big center for class. This means that these young people will go from having class in their neighborhood to having an over crowded class somewhere else. Not a smart move. No job coach means that if you want a job we will be sending you to another center for assistance. In effect our center will just turn in to a bus stop for case managment. I may have neglected to mention that we will still have the same recruitment and retention goals as before. So basically this whittles us down to really 2 people to deal with 200+ on a monthly basis. Sucks. Right now I wish instead of coming back from Cali I would have stayed in Mexico and had my mother wire me the money that came as a result of selling off my personal belonings. I could be learning Spanish right now. Donde está el administrador estúpido? Oh, he's in Baltimore. Another bad thing about this is I won't have Wendell (our recruiter) to relieve daily tension. Wendell is two years younger than me and the oldest man I know. I have joked but am actually serious when I say, if I ever have a show Wendell will have a segment called What the Fuck?!?!? He will be for me what Lewis Black is for the "Daily Show". When Wendell isn't here I have to go upstairs and pick with the literacy instructor. When she gets pissed I calmly explain that once Wendell returns I can leave her alone again...most of the time. Another thing this means is that I will have to work SO much harder than I do now. Can we say - time to get the book idea together. And release a C.D. and some other things. Anyone need a resume done...I'm really good. Twenty bucks and up. I also write poetry for those starcrossed lovers whom words escape. I write them in Caligraphy as well. Basically, it's time to make money another way. The stupid people are taking over, they are exerting their will. "Danger Will Robinson, Danger!!!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home