4.08.2005

San Diego (reprise)

If anything San Diego has helped me to further understand that Hip-Hop in B'more sucks. It's sad that I found C.D.s of people I know when I can't find them here unless I track down the actual person. The D.J. (while not an example of the whole) played alot of great music. Songs that I hadn't heard in a while, the new Common joint and songs I had never heard. I know our Hip-Hop scene is faaaarrrr from the best but it does suck to be reminded of this. I also have to mention that I love San Diego's taste in cars. I saw at lest twenty five '69 Mustangs while I was there. That is more than what I have seen in my lifetime in Baltimore. Sweet. Pardon me I also saw Napoleon Dynamite while I was out there and it has infected my dialog. I miss the sun. It is cloudy here and it seems like it is more cloudy than I have ever seen it. I will say I'm somewhat depressed with the lack sun and...well having to work again. I'll be drowning my sorrows in some open mic events and whatever else I can find. There is one thing I know, I have to make money and travel. Staying here it feels like I'm missing out on too much. At the least I got to experience life for a few days in a place with a woman who was not annoying or messy (re: housemate) . I feel this would be an appropriate time to thank my host. So thank you...Josephine (Ha-ha). As a personal message I think I may call you Josephine in all internet references. Just my sick brand of humor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home