5.25.2005

Sick Time Wars


So I have seen the last Star Wars movie and been out for two days which has left me in a hazy state. I never feel right when I miss time from work. Anyway I present...

The Sick Day Top Ten:

1) To para-phrase my man from the Poemcees, "Walking around in my boxer drawers watching Sportscenter." Nothing makes me feel like I'm not working more than being in my boxers and Sportscenter.

2) Speaking to someone who is at work. This is a small portion of my crud...but it's mine and I embrace it. Along with this are comments like, "What, ya'll busy?, Oh ya'll needed my help today? - Yo go to (insert website here) and tell me if it's updated."

3) Cooking random shit. For some reason I rarely eat breakfast or lunch. The last times I ate breakfast a woman was involved. However, when I'm home for the day I always end up making something I don't make often. Yesterday it was cornbread. I didn't have an urge...I actually looked throughout the house to see what I could find and cornbread struck me.

4) Thinking up blog posts. I came up with 10 good ideas (this wasn't one of them). Some were struck from the list because Star Wars is on my mind too much having seen the last movie Friday. Blogging is taking me over. One of the first things I think when something happens is if it will end up on the blog or not.

5) Guilt/Regret. I was sick of work. Allergic to my desk. Whenever I do this around 1:00 I always think I would be getting off in a couple hours if I had went. The day always goes faster when you don't go to work. I also think I could be blogging and sending email.

6) Video Games. Nothing better than killing digital foes when not at work. Plus when I think of work I need to kill something. Nothing is better than violence and Executive Directors.

7) Old movies. I'll leave Star Wars out of this so I don't convert to full fledged geek. So how about Silverado. One of my favorite westerns with one of my favorite scenes of "fuck you racist pricks" when Danny Glover stops in a bar to get a drink.

8) NFL Network. I am a football junkie. I watch the draft, training camp reports and every bit of news I can digest. (Go Ravens!) The NFL Network is a must. Like last night I watched a show with interviews of and about the Steelers of the 70's. Those dudes were raw.

9) Drinking a beer in the middle of the day. I always go to these things for work and because we deal with young people my boss won't let me have a drink. (well once we went to Cheesecake Factory and I snuck over to Uno's and had a beer, plus the time we went to New York and I snuck off to the hotel bar). Somehow drinking one in the middle of the day feels like I'm being defiant. I also go over the drinking curriculm I want to install in this program. Rules like: Don't drink liquor that costs less than beer. No Malt liquor, etc.

10) Sleeping late. Nothing is greater than establishing that you are not going to work, rolling over and going right back to sleep. No greater luxury. It does throw me off but it feels lovely. The only thing better is doing this when there is a woman in your bed that doesn't have to leave.

3 Comments:

Blogger Breez said...

I LOVE calling in "slick". My favorite thing to do is wear my pjs all day long and watch Half Baked and Joe Dirt. Don't ask me why, lol.

8:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

dope post, dope post title.

you da man

10:38 PM  
Blogger Jdid said...

lol, i'm thinking i should take a sick day to blog.

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home