8.18.2005

A late twenty-something love



"We fittin' to make a change up in here!"

So my cousin got married this sunday. When I say my cousin I don't mean someone in my family that I don't know. This is the cat I played G.I. Joes with and took several beatings together. It meant alot to me because of the history and the fact that he is only 3 months older than me. I learned alot sunday and I will share with all of you.

  • My mother can be brainwashed. We started talking about my cousins and myself. Four of us (handsome young brothers) were born in 1978. One has a child and one is now married. The subject of age came up and we argued for like 15 minutes about how old I was. It seems that my Grandmother thought we would all be 28 this year and she conviced my mother of this. After about ten minutes they had me doubting my own age. Then finally I got through to them (with a calculator) that I would turn 27 this year. My mother maintains that granny convinced her. I say she was there and she should know.
  • My Cousin is THE MAN. This dude did not have a conventional wedding at all. It looked like it would be but this cat came down the aisle dancing and not just that they came out to "All I need" by Method Man and Mary J. Blige. I almost let of a shot from my seat. Not only that but all the groomsman danced over to the bridesmaids. The cherry on top is the fact that this cat was introduced into the reception while "I'd rather be with You" by Bootsy Collins played! This cat is related to me for sure.
  • Don't park in the lot by Pier 5 Hotel. I paid 21 bucks to park for about 4 hours! That is ri-goddamned-diculous.
  • Children love me. My younger cousin has two children. I had yet to see the youngest and someone put her on my lap during the ceremony. She was with me the rest of the day. No matter what happened she gravitated back to me. I don't know what it is about me but the kids love me. I have dubbed her "Krumbsnatcher".
  • My mother wants me to get married and have kids. It's becoming evident. I told her not until I'm 30. She asked if I had prospects and I gave her a smirk and asked "what type of prospects?".
  • I love weddings. I haven't seen Wedding Crashers but I understand the principle. To my regret I had to leave early cause of an early work day the next day. It sucks worse because I was earning mad points with my cousins daughter following me around all day. I coulda been knee deep in bridesmaids dammit!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mala said...

Uze a fool, and I missed ya!

1:29 PM  
Blogger Sherece said...

WOW... what a wedding! I'm mad at your mother and grandmother not knowing you are... then you second guessing. Geez! lol. Great post!

Wedding Crashers was great too!

2:54 PM  
Blogger Jdid said...

yea the all that i need move is a great move. i love that song

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home