8.04.2005

Sports Rant



"That's Ri-goddamn-diculous!"

As a sports fans and an intellectual type person (I could read) I have a several issues with the current state of sports and the reporting that goes along with it. Before I get into that, I will say Stephen A. Smith (above) and Stuart Scott should rebel and create their own sports network...clearly two of the blackest black men in the field...I'd call it the B.S.N.B.!!! (Black Sports Network- Bi-yatch!!!)


  • I'm with T.O. I don't care about all the angry fans who when I hear them say shut up and play it sounds like "Nigga be glad we letting you do something." I have two words to say to all those who say he's under contract. Troy Brown. This man not only put is body at risk, but he was the ultimate team player by going both ways last year. He also didn't get to make some incentive bonuses because he was splitting time. Then they dropped him just to pick him up later with a smaller contract. I say go for yours T.O., I hear alot of working class people complain and they usually reference, "He's making millions of dollars...". So the hell what, let your job not give you a $1.00 an hour raise you think you deserve and we'll see if you just "Shut up and work!". Besides, he makes millions, but how much money do they make off of him? (Doing the Ray Lewis dance was messed up though, son.)
  • I like Ricky Williams - I don't care why he left, it's his life...the majority of people that are mad are fans, teammates and old sportscaster who can't play anymore. I'm sorry, but I can't be mad at a man who has realized that he wants to control his life and took steps to do so. I've quit a job so I could sleep late. Then for those who say he's only coming back for the money...Hell Yeah, if he had found a job where he could make $8.6 million he'd be fighting you, me and everyone you know for an application

  • Sports media is like the kid who used to instigate fights in school...Examples:

1) Keyshawn Johnson (while with the Bucks) is asked who is the best coach he ever played for...he says Bill Parcells. Media says, "Oooh, he's dissing Jon Gruden!"...meanwhile Bill Parcells is recognized as one of the greatest coaches ever.

2) Randy Moss is asked who is the better quarterback his current (Kerry Collins) or his former (Daunte Culpepper). He says that Daunte is more mobile and physically gifted, but in the end (like a real teammate) he says he'll take Kerry Collins. Media says, "Ooooh, he's ripping on Daunte, no way Kerry is better!" meanwhile the unwritten rule is stand by your man.

3) Stephen A. Smith asks Donovan McNabb his opinion on Brett Farves comments about Javon Walker...he says it was unprofessional and he wouldn't have done it. For the next few days media says,"Ooooh, Donovan attacked Favre!" No he didn't he answered a question about his opinion...and another pro-sports rule is you don't talk about teammates contract.

Sports media needs to man up or something, then they cry when people do anything to them.

  • I love touchdown celebrations. I think if you work that hard to score you should get to do a damn dance if you want to. My problem is guys who do it are called showoffs and all types of names by the media and the only or main reasons I know about "The Fun Bunch, The Ickey Shuffle and Billy "White Shoes" Johnson...is because I've seen them a million times on Sports Center. They always say just shut up and play and you'll be recognized, well tell that to Marvin Harrison, Torry Holt or Jon Ogden who has been to the Probowl for close to a decade and only gets local Geico Commercials.
  • People who gripe about the size of contracts...especially NFL ones. The important phrase in an NFL contract is "Guaranteed Money". An NFL contract works like this...you get signed, you get a bonus which is money you earn upfront every year and then what you are paid throughout the season. The first year is always the least amount and the last is the most. If you play every game, make every practice, training camp and workout; you could make all of the money. The only thing is since teams have to make other moves they usually come and ask players to renegotiate their contracts to make cap space. This means your salary goes down. So in actuality those gigantic contracts that we hear about almost never pay out in full. The most enlightening aspect is that at anytime your team can break your contract and drop you.

5 Comments:

Blogger summer of sam said...

i ain't hatin' on t.o. on the money. i am hatin' on him for his lack of a decent example.

people hated on jesus? not analogous, homie.

5:34 PM  
Blogger Diva (in Demand) said...

You may have a point about Ricky, but I'm still going to have to see him play before I fall for the fairy tale.

8:16 PM  
Blogger Jdid said...

i aint got no problem with ricky or T.O and i agree with you on the media

11:26 PM  
Blogger Luke Cage said...

Tell 'em why you mad sun! I feel you on the Smith and Scott BSNB dawg. THAT would be worth the price of admission for real!!!! It's the media I tell ya. It's the media establishment. And I'm not a T.O. fan, but the Ray Lewis dance was pretty on point man. An inferior version but a pretty good one.

12:08 AM  
Blogger The Humanity Critic said...

Amen on that, I agree 100 percent. But the sad shit though, as much as people would agree with your post like I do, those same people refuse to see the media's unfair treatment of Kobe. Everytime I bring it up on my blog, and you know that I am the biggest Kobe apogist, I get a "I hear you but FUCK Kobe!!" What in the fuck is that about??...lol Cool post bro.

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home