8.08.2005

How do I set a laser printer to stun?



"No one's really gonna to be free until nerd persecution ends"
Gilbert Lowe (Revenge of the Nerds)




I've already flown my freak flag, but now it's time to put up the geek flag. Despite the cool demeanor and slick wardrobe...under it all lies a geek. I partially blame my mother, because of whom I have seen more black and white/science fiction movies than anyone my age should have.

*This should be a point on the list but in case a geek should come across this: the quote from revenge of the nerds is appropriate because even though all geeks are not nerds...the interests of nerds 99.9% of the time qualify them as geeks. BTW

1f u c4n r34d th1s u r34lly n33d t0 g37 l41d!

  1. I have been in the theatre for every Star Wars movie (even though they are almost a year older than me), this includes the Special Edition re-releases. I can also identify every update, extra scene and revision in these films.
  2. All of these terms make sense to me: FPS, NPC, 42, pwn3d, All your base are belong to us, l33t, trolling, YHBT.
  3. I have a definitive post on why the Alien is better than the Predator.
  4. It is a viable option for me to quit my job and earn money on a spree of gameshows...including Jeopardy, right Myisha? (ask her about my dominance)
  5. I can name at least 10 creatures that fought Godzilla and I know who Godzuki is.
  6. I know The creators ofMighty Morphin Power Rangers are just biting out of Voltron and Ultraman.
  7. I know that in Army of Darkness the phrase Ash was supposed to say was "Klaatu Verata Nikto", I also know it comes from "The Day the Earth Stood Still", I also know the reason it was said in that movie.
  8. I can sing at least 3 songs from the animated versions of The Hobbit and Return of the King. I also know that The Lord of the Rings anime was done by Zaentz Prod. and Ralph Bakshi whereas the others were Rankin Bass.
  9. I think Rankin Bass kicks ass.
  10. I can tell you that Leslie Nielson was the Commander in "The Forbidden Planet".
  11. ...and the guy who made the Robby the Robot in that movie was hired to make the Robot for the Lost in Space T.V. Show.
  12. I know that Clint Howard (Ron Howards older brother was in an episode (The Corbomite Manuever) of Star Trek. He was also in five episodes of The Andy Griffith Show.
  13. I can do the hand gesture Spock does when he says "Live long and prosper."
  14. When people ask me to do things I can't or don't want to do I say, "Damn it Jim I'm a doctor not a..."
  15. My Grandmother knows Eric Braeden as Victor from "As the World Turns" but I know him as Dr. Charles Forbin.
  16. I think that Artificial Intelligence will led to the destruction of Mankind...Colossus: The Forbin Project, I, Robot, The Terminator, and The Matrix agree with me.
  17. I hate that Imhotep is "The Mummy" in those movies.
  18. I like Mighty Joe Young more than King Kong.
  19. The place from Deep Impact where the lottery winners got to go would in real life be Mt. Weather. It's all about whats beneath the surface.
  20. No one believes me about capturing pieces en passant, but it's helped me win some chess matches.
  21. I think the T-shirts here are cool.
  22. I never liked AOL.
  23. Ctrl+Alt+Del is my equivalent of going nuclear.
  24. Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z is the best animated series ever.
  25. I built one of these when I was in the 4th grade, but not at or for school.

5 Comments:

Blogger Luke Cage said...

Hey man. Rep that Geek Flag, and rep it well. Take it to the top of the mountain, stand proud on that peak and wave that bad boy from side to side so that it's seen for miles! -lol


Hey, I see you've got your Star Trek mack quote on when folks say something to you that you can't or don't want to do.. well I've got one also. When people say to me "why would you do that Frank?" I tell 'em:

"I'm simply trying to illuminate the terrain in which we currently find ourselves deployed:" -From the movie Casualties of War. My name is Luke Cage. And I am a Geek....

11:13 AM  
Blogger Amadeo said...

I can't believe I forgot AOTS...or even G4TV (Formerly TechTV) in general...

1:15 PM  
Blogger Jdid said...

after seeing all that I dont even think i cancall myself a geek anymore lol
but i am feeling the t shirts especially the knights that say ni.

2:51 PM  
Blogger summer of sam said...

you are such a geek.

2:52 PM  
Blogger Black Wombmyn Chat said...

My name is Midlife Crisis and I am a geek.
We geeks may not have been cool in school, but we have staying power and are happier. Come on, Life HAS to be a disappointment when you PEAK at friggin' sixteen!

I wanted to name my first born 'Annakin'--whether male or female. Okay, so I HAVE been managed to be talked out of that one. But I am still naming my first born girl 'Lang'. I don't give a fuck.

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home