8.24.2005

"Three fingers point back"




"This is the greatest country in the world"
Random Redneck

Before I start I will say that though I plan to be more interesting than Chris Rock on Bill Maher friday night...this is all motivated by gas prices. I remember when I got my ride in '02 it cost $20 bucks to fill it up. Now it costs me over $30 with gas already in the tank! Perhaps it's just my general displeasure of the situation, but I swear gas doesn't last as long anymore. I feel like I'm buying coke and I'm getting mostly cut...but I digress.

Being that America is always right and is the best thing since bloodletting, I figured I'd go over some high points in our history.

1763 - 1775 Here's a fun fact since people love to talk about how terrorists fight dirty...did you know that we (as a nation) pioneered guerilla tactics. For centuries throughout history when nations went to war on land the two sides would meet up on a field, hurl some projectiles and then the armies would go at it. When Americans fought the "Red Coats" they said the hell with that. While the british were lined up and marching single file, American troops hid in the foliage and took them out. The British found it quite unsporting.

1692 During the salem Witch trials the founders of this great land became afraid of witches. During this time many people were killed. The thing is they were killed in the most ignorant fashion..."We're going to hold you under water, if you die it's cause you're a witch, if you're not than God will save you." I'm not sure if I would call that sporting.

1492 - 1895 (or so) I'll just say that in 1492 there were about 12 Million Natives in this land, 4 centuries later 237 thousand. I was really hoping that the Shinnecocks would get to take the summer homes of the rich and famous...

Too far back for you, then here...

1979 - 1989 The C.I.A. invests $2.1 Billion dollars to support the Anti-Soviet Resistance in Afghanistan. We trained what Regan called, "the valiant and courageous Afghan freedom fighters." We taught them how to use guerilla tactics against a larger, well armed force. Of course our purpose was to help facilitate the fall of the U.S.S.R. Now boys and girls guess who was apart of those freedom fighters.

1980's America backs Saddam and Iraq against Iran. We gave this cat money, information and (Drumroll please) weapons. I find it rather weird that just about everyone we give weapons and money to ends up using them against us. Did I mention that even though we helped Saddam we still gave weapons to Iran hoping they would release Western Hostages.

I find it interesting that we still can't admit to our participation in events around the world and the way that they have come back to bite us. Saddam originally wanted to control the oil in the Middle East, when we helped him his actions served our interest. Once he did something that we didn't like we brought up the history of what he did to Iranians and his own people...we don't mention the fact that he did this while we supported him.

Bin Laden and those that fight with him were trained and funded by us when it served our purpose. When we were done we left them with a war torn land that couldn't be farmed. They figured, "We have weapons and training" and became a nomadic force fighting anywhere people of the islamic faith were fighting. Imagine if we invested some interest in these people after we got what we wanted from them. If we had spent a portion of what we did to aid their land post-conflict, would there be such a massive force in the world right now?

Too bad this great nation not only lacks the balls to admit to it's past, but it won't even challenge a public servant who is screwing up all over the world. I just think, people were going to impeach Clinton for lying about a blow-job. We should just support the current prez in a continually failing military operation based on a lie. What a country.

14 Comments:

Blogger Jdid said...

shhhhh dont try to baffle us with your facts and truths we are much happier living with our fictions

1:01 PM  
Blogger Amadeo said...

"A similar Acne Medication site" WTF!?!?!?!??!!!

1:09 PM  
Blogger Breez said...

You have officially been spammed...bastards.

Your post was completely on point though. More often than not, when you hear about the most inhumane, unconscionable actions committed by human beings, it's usually America that either pioneered or perfected the craft.

Don't even get me started on gas. I can't even fill up on $25 with almost a quarter tank of gas. Rapists.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Bougie Black Boy said...

ah, you're amazing. i'll definitely be back to visit this

1:37 PM  
Blogger TiffJ said...

America and Europe...
Instigators of world chaos, famine, slavery, oppression... yadda yadda yadda...
The state of the world does not surprise me...
what has left me flummoxed is that America, Europeans, the U.N., those in power, have the audacity to be shocked, amazed, and angry at the mess THEY'VE created.
For centuries, the world... this country's leaders have run a system predicated on greed, murder, and patriarchy. It's gotten beyond their control. Innocent world citizens are the ones who should be shocked and appalled.

2:38 PM  
Blogger summer of sam said...

you know you're on a terrorist watch list now, right?

3:05 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

. . .if you die it's cause you're a witch, if you're not than God will save you." I'm not sure if I would call that sporting.


No, not sporting at all.
Visit Salem sometime--it's a pretty town.

4:32 PM  
Blogger feels good b n FREE said...

Ok I can't ignore the gas prices either..I'm bout to just stay home and/or walk every where. UGH!

What's sad?? All the folx who know things are messed up, all the articulate people who just talk about it, and our inability still to band together and change stuff...

Great Blog! And nice pic!

8:15 PM  
Blogger Luke Cage said...

Brotha man. You know I've got the Escalade loaded up and I'm going to swing by and pick up the Brothers of H.A.I.L. in a quick jif.

First, the culling will start with that anonymous clueless commentor that somehow thought your post had some reference to acne medication okay?

Then we are going to have our hands full if we are going to rewrite history. America's past is dark and morbid and we have centuries of unraveling that we have to get through before we right the ship.

America doesn't have to look too far and realize that the chickens' have simply come home to roost. Some of the world's notorious terrorists were taught to be so from the good ol' boys of our country. Good post my man.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Felicite said...

>more interesting than Chris Rock on Bill Maher friday night

Your where right up there with the! This was interesting.

(loving the secret code thing, I need one too!)

5:59 PM  
Blogger Felicite said...

>Your where right up there with the

Oops

You where right about this.

6:00 PM  
Blogger Black Wombmyn Chat said...

That's it. Not only am I taking my "America, The Beautiful" limited edition collector's plate off the wall, but I'm finally throwing away those stale ass cookies that Santa ain't touched since '03.

Thanks a lot!

11:37 PM  
Blogger emeralda said...

thanks for mentioning all that.
i know its just some facts and in reality it was so much worse.
when i was a kid there was nothing that i wished more than living and growing up in a tribe that lives a life in peace with mother earth. the seven generation deal sort of thing.
eversince i shed so many tears reading, hearing or thinking about all that crap, and still struggle to find my place, my part in the game. what i personally can do about stuff. living a good life is a good start. the small things. but i know i want to do something on a bigger scale as well.
education is important. so important. and thats why it is so important that education will be kept away from transnational corporation sponsoring.

i ve been through the brainwashing of Starbucks as I started working there and I still lmao about it. in reality it s just sad how the brainwashing worked with most of the people.

well. respect, i dig this post. it inspires me to come back to my studies....


and by the way, did you know that there hasn't been an official apology (well, i don t think that would be enough but a beginning...) or acknowledging of facts for the things that the europeans did to the natives?

i think being black in america can be an issue, especially with that history. but being native must hurt.
big time

love. one love!

piranha

11:56 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I agree that America has a tainted past that it is not altogether proud of but indeed it is the greatest country on earth. Id like to hear some of your suggestions of a better place. Its no coincidence that individuals the world over risk life and limb just to reach our shores. We've had our serious issues but also have a system that constantly checks our policies against our idealic constitution that attempts to make imporvements on human conditions. Its not always been a perfect system but I think we always improve. And since when did looking out for the national interest of your country become a bad idea. I was never under any assumption that America was some world benefactor established to improve the world condition even if it superceeded our own best interests. Weve done some real crazy fucked up shit for sure but Im not so sure that puts us in some elite fucked up world status. There is no place I would rather be.

3:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home