3.15.2005

Non-profit fun

Today I got to kick in a door. I think this is like the third time I've done this and all of them have been at work. I will admit having done it I can say this is one of the best feelings you can get without a substance. See here at our lovely non-profit sometimes people (clients) lock doors that should not be. Today it happened that my boss pulled her door shut and before she could stop it from closing realized that her keys were on her desk and the knob was locked. BTW...reason number 13 why I have a key ring that attaches to a loop in my pants. Most of the other are my paranoia cause I still check for my keys 3 times a day. Anyhoo, she goes to our parent organization to get a copy of the spare which they say they don't have. This is false because when I was in charge when she was on maternity leave and I had to get the spare from them twice (damn parent organization). I got some tools from the car but because of the frame on the outside I couldn't access the bolt. Paperclips are also not good to pick locks with, they bend too easily. The door did have some give but it wouldn't open. Ahhhhh, another chance for one of my favorite activities. The trick is to line your foot up directly above the knob. Our doors are...cheap. So if you move to far away it its possible to put a hole in the door and not get it open. Position your body so if you stretch your leg it will be at least a foot into the room in question. Then kick through, the "through" part is important. If you just kick the door or kick at it you're setting yourself up for failure and a possible injury. I only regret that I'm not angry because this could be a great stress reliever. I wonder can I put this on my resume, by now I'm pretty fluid with it. I'm also don't come off as too eager, I exhaust all options before kicking the damn thing in. If you have a chance I recommend taking it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home