3.04.2005

Character Assasination

I have this saying that I have been using for the past few years and the media and this country as a whole should learn it. "What is it when a liar tells the truth?" The populace has some bad habits. When someone who is a "hero" or role model does something wrong we tend to tear down everything they ever built and cast it into a tainted light. When a person has been "bad" we tend to disregard anything that they say. My problem is I don't care about the nonsense. I know that there are things about me that I need to change, this does not mean that until I improve myself I have nothing of value to offer. On the other hand if everyone loves me and I do something wrong it doesn't mean you should disregard all the good that I have done. No one is perfect so in any situation you have to strive to extract the good from people. If Bill Cosby has cheated on his wife it doesn't make me hate the Cosby Show or Fat Albert. These were things he produced and they were enjoyable and had some good messages. This attitude is the embodiment of throwing the baby out with the bathwater. We want anyone who does anything good to be perfect and when they prove to be human we can't handle it and disregard all that they have done. On the other hand we have examples like Jose Canseco. He probably needs or wants money and he admits to introducing alot of guys to steroids, however, none of this gives him any reason to lie. It makes him a valid source of info as all he has to do is talk about what he knows. Not to mention the fact that he wants to strike out a baseball and as a person who participated in the depths of it's crud all he has to do is be honest. If a liar tells the truth it's still the truth. If I needed people who give me positive information to be pure and true, then I could only believe God and he would have to part a sea or something so I would know it was him. You can find a good line in crappy movie and a bad actor in a good one. When a vegatable starts to go bad I have to choices. I can determine if it's still at a point where I can cut the bad part off and depend on the powers of heat and prayer to protect me, or I can toss the whole thing instantly. People in my situation check to make sure. Perhaps if the world lived like a bachelor we'd all be better off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home