3.18.2005

Room-mate

So my cousin and her 10 year son have been staying with me since the end of the summer. Because of my lack of a working furnace she hasn't spent many nights at the house during the winter. Last night she came in and spent the night. First I will say I love living alone. If you live alone don't take on a roomie unless they are someone you are engaged to. STAY ALONE! Anyway she is older than me (30) but you wouldn't know it. This is the piss-me-off move. I won't get into all of the annoying things that have gone on (there are alot), but this is one I need to mention. She goes into the bathroom before me this morning (another annoying thing - I never want to have to wait). She leaves out of the house before I go into the bathroom. I go in and there are two rags, one on and the other in the sink. Perhaps I'll put up the previous rag/sink story at another time. Anyway I notice her rag is on the sink (which I fucking hate - nasty), then I notice a rag of mine is in the sink. Let me elaborate - I used rag of mine, which was on the bathtub, out of the way- is in the sink. Both rags are wet. The first thought through my head was did she use my fucking rag?!?!? Then I thought maybe she was about to and then did not. Then I thought, you never make that mistake. I never grab a USED rag that is not mine. I know where I put my rag at - everytime. What's worse is she already had left a rag in the bathroom from a week ago when she last came by. As a rule if I have a used rag and intend to use a new one the old one goes into the hamper. It's like the Thunderdome - two men enter, one man leave. So actually today there were 3 used rags in the bathroom. Needless to say I (gripping by the dry corner) tossed my (used) rag into the hamper and procured a new one. I can't help but obsess over who would use another persons wash rag. After that the towel I had in the bathroom was suspect. One day I will illustrate the many annoyances that I have endured by looking out for family. I will say the biggest one is she usually leaves before I get to mention what last annoyed me and then is gone so long all the fire is gone from my argument. I recommend no room-mates.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home