6.22.2005

WTF!??!?!



Is this the answer?

So I like to keep up with politics and in response to questions about energy sources and the environment, our esteemed dumbass (the president) wants to look into using coal more. WTF?!?!? Coal? Coal? This is the wave of the future. That stuff that used to be used in trains (producing the large billowing cloud of black smoke behind it)? You've got to be kidding me? How does this help the environment? Furthermore one of the things behind this is that oil is a finite resource...so coal is infinite? I am a constant contender that G.W. is one of the stupidest people who has ever played a hand in determining our fates, but coal? It's even called the FutureGen Initiative. Instead of looking into solar power or using water or even exploring cold fusion we are going to power our future with coal. Perhaps I'm crazy, maybe that's what the problem is. It seems to me that I recall Coalminers being the dudes who took the canary with them because there was a danger of the gas in the air killing them. I know for a fact that silicosis is health problem that coal miners had to risk. But c'mon, I could have went along with everyone switching to woodburning stoves or putting our batteries in the refrigerator. Think of it this way...fossil fuel is the wave of the future. That doesn't even sound right. Bush, it's time for you to meet my friends, I call them dark alley and bag of nickels. Even worse is the fact that GE has followed up with a commercial promoting this. Filled with images of sexy model types in a coal mine like that shit is fun! The salt in the wound is the fact that they are playing Hank Williams' Sixteen Tons in the backround. That could be one of the worst ways to use that song. For those who don't know...the song describes, in part, how coal miners were basically indentured servants. Peep the chorus...

You load 16 tons and whaddaya get??
another day older and deeper in debt
Saint Peter don'tcha call me 'Cause-
I can't go...I owe my soul to the Company Store

The best I could equate this to would be me going to a ceremony in honor of the folks who died at The Alamo and playing the Deguello. Also known as "The Cutthroat Song" (actually a favorite of mine). This what the Mexican Army played at the Battle of the Alamo...it means there will be no quarter, no mercy shown to the losers. If you don't recall everyone at the Alamo was killed. I have other beefs on this choice of song per commercial topic but I'll let it rest for now.

I know that people in positions of power often have "Yes" men around them, but I hope someone stood up in that meeting and challenged this idea. If someone is sane they explained that thinking of the future is not moving towards things that we have been moving away from. That's not Sankofa. At least someone gave hima WTF look and walked out of the room shaking their head. Coal? Coal! No matter what punctuations I follow that up with I can't get it to make sense for me. I know Bush is stupid but the fact is I'm hearing this is being supported. I keep looking up information to see if I'm just biased but I can't find a good reason to justify this initiative. COAL!?!?!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jdid said...

you're kidding right? whats next we're running out coal lets go back to rubbing two rocks together lets look at that. Dont you get the feeling that aliens are controlling him and using him to get a big laugh at the whole world

11:36 AM  
Blogger Luke Cage said...

Dawg, you're surprise is totally justified. First off, we're talking about Bush. The anti-christ. 2nd, what else do you expect from the devil but to use that? Ashes man. Red-hot lava and the works. Remember the reference I just made about him and what bowels of Hades he currently occupies. 3rd, did I tell you he's the Anti-Christ??? Pitchfork and all man. Nothing, but nothing, this man does anymore surprises me. What a shame hm? Laffing at Beloved's crazy self response to how they do her boss -lol

1:53 PM  
Blogger Breez said...

"Bush, it's time for you to meet my friends, I call them dark alley and bag of nickels." That's pretty much where I lost it. I completely agree with beloved in that he is most definitely the emperor with no clothes. Thanks for the eloquent post because I have no words to describe how stupid he and his concepts are.

11:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i have been checking up on this and GW refuses to look into solar and wind power (Europe is way ahead of us on that -- the wind power they have powers the home of 115 million people).

but when they said coal i was like WTF! didn't they tell us 15 years ago we were moving away from that?

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home