6.21.2005

Down Time


If I could be like the Soup Nazi...I would deny people air.

I am turning into a Seinfeld character. Similar to someone with improper conduct in the soup line I am being denied. What is it that I am seeking? Intelligence in other human beings, a little common courtesy, for common sense to become common again. I am considering becoming either a hermit or a lounge singer in a foreign country. I can develop a catalog of originals and do covers, besides women don't scream and throw panties at emcees (though one of my goals was to make this happen). What's all the fuss. The world still isn't what I want it to be. I was out yesterday and this sista who is a graphic designer was letting me listen to this girl's C.D. which was crap. I also had to attend a training for my job, which was crap. I realized that the world is poisoning me. I was once light hearted and carefree. Now the radio is crap, most t.v. is crap. I have come up with more ways to say something is bad than I would have ever imagined. It's even spreading to my mother! I have her talking about how things suck! I'm not sure how many things I have called craptastic in the last 24 hours. That being said: since I cannot avoid contact with executive directors and adults in general this is my plan. First, I'm going to talk to myself more. I like my sense of humor and I have good ideas so, why not. I tend to make sense and when I don't the debate isn't that long anyway. Second, I'm going to talk to Wendell more. My co-worker/the oldest man I know(2 years younger than me), Wendell is a constant source of entertainment. For instance: We go into the local coffee shop and I get a Frozen Mocha. On our way out (half talking to me and half out loud) Wendell comments on how the girl behind the counter is a "cutie-pie" similar to John Witherspoon in Boomerang. Not to mention the noises he makes when he stands up, his devotion to the Ravens and the sexual harrassment he is enduring at the hands of one of our clients. The other day she was talking about how she was waiting for this guy to come home from jail, but before he does she said she was going to "have" Wendell at least once. Wendell explains that as staff he can't associate with her in such a manner. Well she knows that they plan to cut his position on June the 30th. She let him know she would see him then. My last activity will be the increase of giving out nicknames to clients and passerby on the street. Mayhap it's wrong but I love it. Besides it's revenge for the fact that people never seem to be able to say my name correctly. College educated people who don't know how to pronounce words. What's worse is that I send emails and in the reply people will spell my name incorrectly. C'mon it was on my email and in the signature! So henceforth individuals will be dubbed with the title of my choice. If I can't be creative people are getting general things like assmaster and so forth. Luckily The African American Heritage Festival is this weekend. I also have to grab my man at Dulles. Any occupation of my time is a good thing. I'll get some good shows in and it's a payweek unlike the last two years. Going to festivals broke sucks! If anyone has any ideas on enriching my enjoyment of life I'm open. I'm telling ya'll I'll just vanish and pop up in Rio de Janerio as a popular lounge singer.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyone really is stupid.
I am going to find a habitable planet far away from earth and move there.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Jdid said...

rio sounds like a plan at least you'll be distracted by the half naked girls

2:33 PM  
Blogger muffins gone WILD! said...

i'm right behind natalie!

6:00 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Here you go my friend...

If you haven't picked it up...go get Lizz Wright's new release. Pick it up, get yourself your favorite libation of choice. Light some candles, and vibe.

The world will still suck. But you will feel like you know a secret no one else does. Let me know how you feel once you've completed this assignment.

**RPM**

9:29 PM  
Blogger G. Cornelius said...

*Shaking Head*
Understand...Understand...I'll keep you posted

2:46 AM  
Blogger TiffJ said...

I live in an alternate world, where my alternate self does and says whatever she wants to "craptastic" tripe. (look for an upcoming post on my blog about my alternate self). This helps get me through the long days... that and writing.
I also have cool nicknames for people and they're hilarious!

This girl at my job told me I need to live in a universe full of "coffey's" and I told her, "yes, and you aren't invited"

10:09 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

Sell your tv.

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home