6.09.2005

Read a Book!!!




I often sit in the den and curl up with a hearty read...

Once again I've been tagged like the humpback whale for future tracking. I am literate and I can prove it. (I keep hearing Dave Chapelle - "and he said I couldn't read good.")

Total Number of Books Owned:

If I could count all that I've lost or people have borrowed 25o+, in my possession about 170 maybe. I dunno.

Last book(s) I bought:

Barnes and Noble had sales!
The Portrait of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde
The Count of Monte Cristo - Alexandre Dumas
The Complete works of Shakespeare - guess (I love every part of Hamlet's Soliloquy AFTER -To be or not to be)
The Blood Canticle - Anne Rice

Last book I read (leisure):

The Blood Canticle - Anne Rice has written the best vampire stories in my opinion...it pisses me off everytime I think of Queen of the Damned (the Movie)...rip off.

Current book I am reading:

The Portrait of Dorian Gray - It's just not moving as fast as I want it to. I've read other books since I started this. I hope it picks up...next time I pick it up.

Fiction or Non-Fiction:
Depends on the subject matter and author.

First book I read:

Green Eggs and Ham. I think my mother eventually had to burn it to keep it from me. I do not like them Sam I Am...back up off me nucca!

Most read book:

Behold a Pale Horse by William Cooper
I love this type of shyt...c-o-n-spiracy.

Largest Impact:

Two Thousand Seasons by Ayi Kwei Armah- Not the argument for a peaceful sit-in, or black muslims. I also wanted to name my daughter (if I ever have one) Abena after I read this.

Favorite Scholarly Book:

The Decline of Males by Lionel Tiger - All men should read this! I recommend it for the ladies as well. I always get into arguments on this subject and the ladies hate it and no dude wants to back me, much less stand within 5 feet of me.

Sexiest Book:

All the Vampire Chronicles are very sensual, when she describes a woman I want her...if she talks about coffee I want some. She always makes me think women are just more sensual by nature.

Biggest Disappointment:

Can't say...I haven't read many books that let me down. The ones that did faded from my memory.

Five Books that Mean Something to me:

The Decline of Males by Lionel Tiger
Two Thousand Seasons by Ayi Kwei Armah
Creating Affluence by Deepak Chopra
The Art of War by Sun Tzu
Mine (if I ever finish it)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home