7.25.2005

Aftermath




"How many of us have them?"

Another Artscape in the books and all is right with the world. Well, I'm still not the undisputed leader but, I can let that go...for today. This was easily one of the best times I've had at Artscape in years. I saw several people I haven't seen in years and easily put about 30 numbers in my phone. We had this discussion for two nights about how these are the times that you are a part of something yet you don't think about it until it's over. I wish I didn't have to be at work to day, but the weekend I had was good enough to carry me for a while. So...

Highlights:

  • Not sweating the Q-tip show then finding out it was the entire Tribe halfway through and still getting to the front row at a crowded show...see I told ya'll last time I know how to get up to the front. Dope show...I was just in the crowd and I almost lost my voice.
  • Seeing everybody...though this is the first year I didn't see my cousin I caught up with a lot of other cats.
  • Carribean Ice...If they tell me there's crack in this I'll accept it and order another one.
  • Not getting home until early in the morning a few nights in a row...you know something is good when you just have to hang around for a few more hours.
  • Mad invites to clubs and parties...loving it.
  • Hand dancing with Melani while Craig Alston (supastar) conducted the Eubie Blake Legacy Band.
  • Huge cups of lemonade.
  • Finding out there is a dope spot on Charles st. next to Jay's and Orioles (I need to get out more).
  • Biz Markie on the 1 and 2's!
  • Breakers
  • Freestyling at 1:00 in the morning with around brothers and sisters who are the age I was when I started this.
  • Mad pounds and Hugs.
  • Lovely Women.
  • Running into Curtis who does the dope T-Shirts www.substanceone.com check him out. I gotta get another elevate joint.
  • Mad people on a peace vibe.
  • Chilling with Old school Bmore heads and Live D.C. cats...it's all good and until the Ravens play the Redskins.
  • Sundresses....ahhhhhhh.
  • Hooking up on the production tip...I may complete an album through the cats I saw this weekend.
  • Realizing what I'm part of while it's still going on.

Downside

  • Mayor O'Malley butchering "Time of your Life" my favorite Green Day song.

1 Comments:

Blogger Luke Cage said...

Maannn, I've got to give you props. From your blog post on Friday, I attended the Artscape and I plan to be a permanent fixture at this event every year. Biz Mark rocked, Q-Tip was tight, although I didn't really know some of the cuts, but with Quest rocking, well dawg that's self-explanatory.

And what in the world was up with those LARGE azz lemonade?? That absolutely was the move! I liked the free pics at the HP booth. The fam brought home all kinds of photos. I saw one pair of knuckleheads mix it up, but for the most part, it was definitely peaceful. Again brah, thanks for posting the event or else my family and I would've missed out. Sounds like you had a great time also. One love.

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home