7.22.2005

The Weekend



"Once again to relieve me of my boredom and some cash..."


Every year at the end of July I look forward to the best event Baltimore has to offer...hands down. Live performances (national and local), vendors, art exhibits, women, and every single person I know in the city. Artscape. I have never missed artscape. No matter where I lived or what was going on. Even when I've had to leave town for conferences it seems like I get back by the first day. This is lovely for several reasons. First of all it's all inclusive so whoever the person is they can enjoy themselves. Second, it's surely the largest event we have here. Third, there are usually good performances (last I year was the first time I got to see De La Soul Live plus they had Dres from Black Sheep and they brough a Hip-Hop Pioneer (I don't want to name him cause of the following) out on stage...later I found out that Pioneer had been selling weed on the east side of town for a while which kind of messed with me). Fifth, Microbrews...now we know that I'm some what of a snob on the beer tip. Since this is a large event and I won't be harassed for drinking a beer outside, a microbrew will do in this case. Most of all...I will literally see just about everyone I know at Artscape. Friends, family, people I don't like, and women I should know. While I don't think that there will be as many great performances as in past years, there's still Vivan Green and some sista I want to check out named Danielia Cotton. However, I do not require the performances (even though I know how to get to the front of the stage at will. All I need is the scene. Truth be told we often have to employ the running back technique to get through the crowd - Biggest man in front like a line man, followed up by the full back and the last man is the ball carrier. There is always something worthwhile to purchase or just stand around and look at. If you have to go to an event in Baltimore, Artscape is the one. Unfortunatley, despite the fact that they were supposed to have broken up...Mayor O'Malley's PUNK ASS BAND will be playing again this year. Taking a show from a band that could use the time. Go pass a law or something!!!! Three days of sunshine and music to make me feel like every weekend should be 5 days long...damn work on monday.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jdid said...

its so funny that the mayor has a band. artscape sounds like the place to be in baltimore

10:17 AM  
Blogger Luke Cage said...

Damn man. That sounds like the place to be. My boy lives out there off of North Avenue. I've got nothing to do this weekend as the wifey is working her double shift. Maybe this will be a great alternative for a few days away from home. Gots to call my dawg up and see what's what. Good looking out man on the Artscape tip.

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home