7.11.2005

It Broke out....



I missed my friends......plus there was salmon on the grill!

It started out simply enough. Friday I called up the wingman to see if he wanted to take in a flick. So we head on up to White Marsh (which is out of character) to see Batman Begins (I know it's been out...I'm always like this with movies). We walk into the theatre and it looks like they are giving away free cars or something. I may not have mentioned that I hate going to a crowded movie theater...so this looked like hell for me. However, I forgot that no one wanted to see Batman, everyone was there for Fantastic 4. So there was only about 20 people in my particular theater. What I hated was at the end when people started clapping. As a rule I only clap if the director and the actors are in the movie with me. Afterwards we come outside to a scene that looks like a car show. I tell my man let's wait til it dies down to leave. Twenty (20) minutes at least...his youngest sister hops out of a car to speak to us and we go through a whole convo about how when we were 15 none of our friends had cars. We were going downtown to the movies cause we had to catch the bus. Sucked. Anyway amdist our conversation I remarked that we needed to have a big (private) event somewhere. He went into the rented beachhouse and the Excursion (likes big trucks) plus some other details. I quietly remarked I was missing my friends. Skip to the next day...Our man Trey's father was having a cookout on the field behind his house. I had been invited before, but I don't remember ever making it...MISTAKE! This thing was huge. I always joke that his father is the man and dude can back it up. He had MAD, I repeat, MAAAAAAAAD people out there. I'm expecting to see Trey, his brother Kwofi and my man Ogun, but there were so many cats I hadn't seen in forever. Several conversations started with..."I haven't seen you in years". There was so much food out there and my favorite of all...Salmon on the grill. Many of you may not know my history, but I am a strong proponent of grilling Salmon. It begs for it, give salmon a chance, thank you. Anway cat's got into battles, drank guiness, cracked old jokes and talk about plans for now and the future. I had another reminder of my age in the fact that everyone's little brother has full beards now. It was a hell of a good day. I saw roughly 7 people I hadn't seen in two years or more. I really needed that. I looked around and realized how old we were and how we were changing. There were certain things that would have had to happen had this been 4 and 5 years ago. It was a good crowd. A long beautiful day (grilled salmon), lots of wonderful people (grilled salmon), good friends (grilled salmon) and the food was pretty good too. I realize how much time really changes things, I used to spend at least 5 days out of a week with these cats now I hardly see them and when I do it's usually one or two. I'm going to marinate in my good feelings for the rest of the day and tomorrow I'll be back with something of substance.

4 Comments:

Blogger emeralda said...

well it was of substance for you right?
i think that getting in touch with people of the past is really a delicate issue, it can be great (as it was hopefully for you) and it can suck big time. when you realize that you really dont have anything to say to each other anymore than the usual small talking and explaining what happened in the mean time - it gets somehow a bit sad. also when you realize that you dont laugh about the same jokes anymore. well well. i hate salmon.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Jdid said...

yo this was cool. so what did you think of batman begins? grilled salmon? i'm a have to check that out.

8:56 PM  
Blogger Luke Cage said...

This was nice dude. It's always good to get with people who you haven't seen in years. And then catch up as if you guys have been talking all along and not a day has gone by. Man, you are saying the word: Grilled Salmon is THE MOVE!!! What??? But I've got a question for you man. Do you like Grilled Salmon?? -lol

10:00 PM  
Blogger Amadeo said...

@ Jdid- Batman Begins was dope Spiderman was probably the best comic translation but BB may be top three.

@ Luke Cage- Grilled Salmon makes me talk the the Hulk...Salmon Good! Warm Beer Baaaad!

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home