7.26.2005

Best Bop




"I walk with a bop that make the cops shine flashlights..."
Tash of "The Alkaholiks"

When I say bop I'm not talking about the Hanson song...

It has been said that my bop is so strong that from blocks away you can tell it's me. The average person expects me to be wearing headphones when I'm walking. I used to tell people one leg is longer than the other or it's the soul trying to break out of me. Best of all it's not premeditated...it just natural at any speed. So I thought I'd dedicate some time to other people who have a viscious bop. I automatically think about Fat Albert's gang who had a mean collective bop. The best one of all though was....



Rudy - This cat not only had his bop working on the low end but, he had the head action to go along with it. I remember we used practice Rudy's bop like it would save our lives one day. His bop spoke a little of his arrogance but, it was still fly. I remember how is head used to go down and come back up...I didn't even think about his arm motions his head was going so hard.

Fly Guy - Now, a small portion of his bop may have been inspired by the platforms but, that slow drag was all him. You know what I mean...foot down pause...next foot forward. Throwing glances from side to side. A cane may accentuate your bop but it also requires you to maintain a certain level of flyness...similar to me.

Shaggy - Some people may disagree but, I think this cat from Scooby Doo had a cool bop. This cat looked like a breeze was blowing at him all the time. I can't identify if Scooby has one cause of the four legs, but I'm watching him. Shaggy has the traditional laid back bop going on. He's cool just not pressed about it.

For the uneducated, some important thoughts on bopping...
It has to be natural, an artificial bop is worse than a stiff walk. It should be able to convert into a dance almost. An effortless set of motions that produce their own beat. I remember in High school me and my man Ike said a girl had a real butt if it kept time to the Fat Albert beat. A bop is kind of like that. Even if you increase speed it looks like it can flow to music. I swear that bopping makes walking anywhere more fun than it would be. It's confidence inspiring even. (Pardon the snagglepuss there)

Any memorable bops you can think of?

6 Comments:

Blogger Dee said...

there was this dude I went to school with (in college) who was in the army reserves. He had the stiffest walk I had ever seen--but not because of the army. He was just like that. He walked as if a pole ran from the top of is head and into his spine. He had GREAT posture and swung his arms like he was marching.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

I agree with Gunner. I would add that Denzel's bop carries over in nearly every movie. Even slips in when it doesn't fit with his character.

Did Mr. Snuffalufagus (spelling is way wrong but not anal enough to check for correct spelling) also have a bop? I remember a gentle sloping motion. Maybe that was more of a blah...not a bop...

2:43 PM  
Blogger Jdid said...

greatest blog I've personally ever seen was this nerdy dude at my high school. he was a pure perpetrator telling us lies about how many girls he had just to get in with the cool guys but he didnt realize that most of them were laffin at him.

Anyway this guys bop was legendary, it contained a bit of fly guy but more pronounced lateral motion, it also contained a bit of a point guard bringing the ball up the court, it was a thing of beauty.

2:54 PM  
Blogger Dayrell said...

Probably JJ from Good Times.

4:14 PM  
Blogger Ann! said...

Denzel Washington's bop in Malcom X with his conked out hair. Heck yeah...

11:44 PM  
Blogger Luke Cage said...

Billy Dee Williamsas Louis McKay in Lady Sings the Blues. I remember thinking dawg was real smooth in that movie. Especially when he walked down the stairs to Diana Ross. Now THAT was poetry in motion...

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home