12.29.2004

The Tao of Amadeo

I feel I should give you guys a sample of my philosophy...if you ever saw the Tao of Steve you'd be familiar. I must mention I did not simply lift my credo from the movie but it did help me put somethings into a phrase for me.

  • Eliminate your desire.

This the most important step and something most men need to learn. My thought is women can sense the lust in a man (because most men don't hide it). According to society, men make the approach and women screen them out. I saw it when I worked on Morgan's campus (MSU!). A female student leaving the dorms at one end would be approached so many times that once she reached the other side of campus you couldn't say hi without her going into automatic defensive. Focus young Skywalker...clear the lust from your mind.

  • Demonstrate your greatness.

I was always good at this. In school and work settings I have always been a top performer and usually the youngest. I write, emcee, and used to perform poetry so I always had an opportunity. This just means if we were cavemen we would hunt and bring back food and show we were strong. Now beating up a guy might not get it for you. Give them a reason. There's lots of guys out here, show them why you're special. Everyone is good at something so this steps requires that you know something of yourself.

  • Retreat.

I've said that we love the ones that leave and leave the ones that love. Basically most people will give chase to what seems out of reach and most people run from what is chasing them. Don't make yourself inaccessible or literally avoid your subject, just ease off and let them come to you (in a manner of speaking). I used to call this ignore the pretty girl. To use an example out of my present day life. There is a mental health counselor working for us and my manager caught me saying she's a cutie so she is pushing me to get together with her. This woman is lovely, and every guy acts like it. When I go to centers the male staff are always trying to have a conversation or just putting alot of attention on her. My plan is, not to avoid her but to treat her as an equal with others. When women get mad attention and dudes are trying to kiss their ass and be all "around" them they tend to pay more attention to the ones that seperate themselves from that madness. Understandably, If 20 women always pay me attention, I'll wonder why the 21st doesn't and she will seem more interesting because the rest have put their cards on the table and she still has her poker face.

An important note is that none of this is done from a purely egotisitical standpoint. One must remain in tune with the feelings of others. None of this is an excuse to be a jerk. It's all about peaking interest and for the right reasons. If you do this correctly, eliminating your desire will prevent you from doing stupid things. Demonstrating your greatness is all positive. Retreat is just so that your "target" can make her choice. Nothing is greater than the person you have chosen choosing you. This is like the force if you abuse it you will go to the dark side and there are repercussions.


3 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Sometimes though it'd be nice if a guy had enough guts to ask a girl out (after a time of getting to know the girl of course) - in most of my cases I meet a guy who becomes interested but doesn't do anything about it. I'd end up making the first move and honestly, I'm sick of it, because sometimes that's how the man will treat the entire relationship (if we end up dating) - sit back and let the girl do all the work. Or maybe I'm looking at the entirely wrong pool of men here?

12:12 AM  
Blogger nikki said...

Does this apply to females as well as males? Because it's good advice.

While I try to remain calm and may even appear as much on the outside; my interior is a whirl of desperate madness and confusion where men are concerned. I wish I could just settle down and not let it worry me, but my emotions and hormones consistently get the better of me.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Amadeo said...

It's a universal thing...plus it's never what happens it's your reaction.

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home