1.25.2005

Annoyances # 1,589,375 & 1,589,376

It kills me that every year we go through the same thing here. Every year I hope it will be different and I am immediatley let down. People of Baltimore hear my cry, It snows every year let's act like it. Why I forgot the pandemonium is beyond me but as I pulled into the safeway parking lot the sight of triple the number of cars reminded me. When ever snow is forecast everyone shops like we'll be trapped in our homes for a month. No one was trapped. I drove all three days of the snow. The only reason I didn't come to work yesterday was, well cause I could get away with it and work sucks. I know that down south it's worse when they get much less snow than we had. Their excuse is they are not used to it. I used to be marginally dissapointed if it did not snow at least once during the year (that's pre-solo-shoveling and digging out my car). The worst thing that ever happened to me as a result of a snow storm was not convincing my girl to come down the day before. WE WILL NOT DIE PEOPLE. Ahhhhh...

Now my other annoyance...John Legend, well #6 on his album "Number One". I can't call this an actual " I'll never cheat again song". I can only justify it as the words of someone who JUST got caught. My problem is by the end of the song he hasn't said shit. Every other line cancels out the previous one starting from the opening. "You can't say I don't love you just because I cheat on you." I think alot of women have dude. The whole song is like that. The lines following those justify the love by explaining what he has done to hide his cruddy actions. First it annoys me because it gives the ladies another chance to say, "See ya'll all alike.", to a brother that has never cheated on anyone in his life. Then I have to go through the usual routine. It's like lying, most people do so if you say you don't people won't believe you cause how could you be any better than them. The second reason is he has some stuff on there that I really like and that song ruins it. Even Kanye's verse had a clear and focused thought. Too much double talk John. I will say this though he did give me an entry and an idea for the next one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home