1.18.2005

Spirits-"Warning - the close minded may not need to read this"

Perhaps some of you are familiar with Spiritual Readings. This is where you go to a "priest" basically (since it's not a catholic thing it's a different mode - priests in these faiths aren't people who wanted to take their life in that direction. In the process of a reading if you are capable of being a preist you are told). Basically a reading is where a priest contacts their head, or orisha or ruling spirit and basically relays information about you and occassionally they ask questions of you. You usually have to bring some sort of offering like I had to bring a liter of Gordon's Gin (I actually brought 2 fifths). One of the other things they mention are about your ancestors in particular. Just like this spirit is there also your connection with your actual ancestors because, like family, your ancestors want to help you out as much as they can. I have been familiar with the Yoruba beliefs for some time as is the Nana that did my reading, however she recently (along with my main man) was initiated into the Sangoma tradition. Readings are interesting. For one thing your dealing with spirits so they can tell you things that strike you to the core of your being because the nature let's you realize that this is real. The most significant thing said to me as that I sit in my house and think about so many things but I fail to take action and as I contemplate these things more and more my heart gets heavier and heavier. This is utter truth, I almost cried when it was said because (in my mind) I have given the same criticism of myself. A reading is deep, alot of things are said that verify the reality of it and then they bring out the "you need to list". Things about your personality, about how to deal with issues your facing and they even bring up things that you may not have ever thought about. Like for me they said I need to get up with my sister in San Antoino, Texas (half sister technically). They also expressed that I am to become a priest. Which means I have to quit smoking - a couple things, but anyway - They also mentioned how I loved the culture but didn't want to be the one in front because I fear that I won't know what to do. This was followed up with the fact that I would be a good priest because of my personality. They let me know that I have Mexican and even Aztec ancestors, I was already aware of the Native American but this was new. I have to mention that spirits can be funny, when they told me to put up a Mexican flag over my shrine to honor those ancestors they also mentioned that I was still black and not to forget who my mother is. See even ancestors are irked by those people who always want to be mixed with everything- yeah I'm talking to alot of you Blackplanet people. The most interesting piece of info wasn't told to me but kind of presented it self. The Nana who did my reading can possess spirits ( something my man can't do) . After my reading she performed another ritual where she possesed a spirit and the spirit basically addressed me and out of familiarity it addressed my man again - it actually mentioned things he did on New Years that I was there to witness. When the spirit spoke most of it was not in englsh save for the scattered word here and there. A few times it had to trace out a diagram to help convey the thought. The intersting thing was I got the main idea of basically all it tried to say. My man acted as an interpreter for most but after a moment I understood and his words became validation for what I believed. At one point during this second ritual I had something happen that lead my friend and the Nana to believe that I would be able to possess spirits. Alot of this would explain some things to me in regards to my sensitivity with certain things. For instance a client of mine who is no longer living once came in, he was in the midst of some turmoil and before he spoke or anything I could feel it coming off of him. I assume I am not the only person who can "feel" such things but I know that not everyone does. I'd have to emphasize this is less of an "I'm special" situation as much as it is a "I have new responsibilities situation. Well, I have work to do. For those that the title applied to but read anyway, feel free to think I'm crazy in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home