7.08.2005

Along the Way



"Something in your eyes was so inviting, Something in you smile was so exciting..."
Frank Sinatra, Strangers in the Night

I can only think of the phrase that is the title of the above painting..."Two ships passing in the night".

So yesterday I hit the local Safeway to get some before-I-make-market-goodies (it's really not local since I cross into Pikesville to shop cause of the better selection and price difference-damn you city supermarkets!). Anyway I'm picking up things and plotting for my post-payday return. So I stop by the Odwalla's and out of the produce section comes this sista who looks familiar. She's on a cell phone chatting away, but when she noticed me the look on her face must have been just like mine. Then as we gave the hesitant hello I realized why she was familiar. I had sex with her...well almost. I almost burst out laughing when I remembered the whole story. I can't even remember her name but ces't la vie.

So I'm chilling in Azebs (which became 5 Season, which then moved). I'm living it up cause I had a good rep with the bartender. It's a slower night and the only person there that I might roll with is my wingman's sister. I'm kicking it and these two cuties sit at the bar and I get into a conversation with one of them. Dialog is nice (plus I'm drunk), I get her number and they leave. My man's sister (also my ex) sits down next to me and we start cracking jokes on random people in the room - she was always one of my favorite people. Then she asks, "Where do you know them dykes from". Exsqueeze me, baking powder? She reinerated...those two girls were gay. I thinkg back through my glassy-eyed memory and I can see it. So this sista gives me a call and we kick it some. It becomes clear this will be a sexual situation. She's older than me and I've always liked that. She lived downtown, which meant easy access as I was not driving at the time. So we work out a day and time for me to come over. Before I get into it this was a weird experience and I can't believe I forgot about it...it reminds me that I need to keep better track of my "encounters".

The Event

So I go over to her apartment. I think I had gone to this poetry spot beforehand which used to be in a black owned restaurant. The spot closed and we met down at a Gazebo by the Harbor and the joint picked up steam. So I'm coming from this spot which means I was live for a few hours and amongst my people. We are kicking it and drinking wine or something...when I woke up. I mean to say we were chilling in the living room drinking and talking and I feel asleep. I can't say I was really bored, but back then I had more regular interaction with the ladies so I would be alot more cavalier about those situaitons plus I was drunk and had been out and about for a while that day and in the evening. So I wake up and find out (partially from feeling and partially from her verbal admission) that she had been playing with my fuck stick! I didn't know whether to feel cocky or used...I ended up with a subtle mix of the two. So I'm ready to roll out (told you I was cavalier) when she indicates a yearnin'. I decide to oblige her and we go at it. About this time the whole lesbian thing really comes to the forefront. We are getting into it and she isn't quite...verbally she indicated that she wanted to, but her body is not responding. Deserts have more moisture than her crotch did. Then the lesbian thing REALLY comes to the forefront or rather her lack of interaction with men did. I couldn't fit. I tried, but she was just to tight and the dryness was not aiding in the situation at all. To quote Mr. Orange from Reservoir Dogs, "I'm fucking dying here!" We work out that this thing is just not going to go down and I...roll over and pass right the hell out again. I wake up in the morning and roll my ass out. We did talk on the phone after that, but the funny thing is this...before "The Event" I saw her out at an event talking to a guy I know. The next week he's talking about how you know someone and have been involved with them only to see them later and find out they're now gay, He just couldn't see it. I can confirm that one money. It started to sink in that I was this lesbians fooray back into the world of heterosexual sex gone wrong. It struck me as so odd to have had such an interaction with someone and then run across them and have forgotten the whole thing. I came home from the market and made a list of all my sexual encounters, sustained or otherwise. The worse thing was I had to think back and recall to make sure the list was complete. It kind of sucks to make a list like that and have more than one, "Oh Yeah!" moment. Damn the forgetful vigorous young man I was.

5 Comments:

Blogger Luke Cage said...

LOL! "as we gave the hesitant hello I realized why she was familiar. I had sex with her..well almost"

The tale became pretty interesting with plot turns here and there that made it pretty wild. Her foray back into the heterosexual world wasn't going too well huh? Just curious though.

I would have figured she would've hooked a brotha up a different way, and (or) because of her debunked former lifestyle, she could have done other things to herself to allow easier penetration, before you went to see her. But hey, like you said brah: "ces't la vie"

11:09 AM  
Blogger MBT4679 said...

can i tell u that was a very interesting post. i enjoy your writing style hon! keep it up

11:42 AM  
Blogger emeralda said...

hell now thats a real odd situation. i guess you won't reveal the whole list. will you??? haha. just curious. but it made me think of my own list and as i can be completely honest here without fearing odd looks from you (i won't see them at least ) i have to admit that i deliberately waited with having sex until i was 21 (why, is a story of its own) but yeah as i am 22 i can look back on one year experience and dude, the list made me shake my damn head. it shouldn't be that long. well well....c est la vie, again.

i am bi and can tell you that it was her damn own problem that she didn't do anything against her dryness. jesus. women know how to get there. with a little help...well....i stop talking.....you were drunk or whateva and so excused. :)

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice story. That..would be awkward.

4:02 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Remind me to tell you one the MOST embarrassing moments I ever had. I don't know why this story reminded me of it...I suppose it's when you remarked about being able to identify with the guy who was talking about th whole lesbian thing. My story is totally along different lines, but comes back to a guy scrtaching his head, having experienced something he never thought would ever slip by him. Great read...be good.

**RPM**

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home