7.28.2005

There's no crying in Football!



"Rookie defensive tackle Manny Wright leaves the field in tears after being yelled at by coach Nick Saban."

Come on...come the hell on. Yo I thought I was going to die when I saw this wednesday! I kept hearing Tom Hanks in my mind..."There's no crying in Baseball!" This guy had better become a hell of a football player. You can't be remembered as the guy who was crying at training camp. I mean Ricky Williams has been getting negative press galore, Jason Taylor even dressed up like him on Halloween and I don't see Ricky crying. Coaches yell son, that's what they do. How in the hell he proposes to live this down is beyond me. I will say that after I finished laughing I felt a little sorry for dude...a little. What can I say I had a bad day yesterday. Plus I was just thinking no one is going to run over and hug dude. There is no consolation. Especially when it's on the net, ESPN and every sports show in the nation. To quote Souls of Mischief..."What a way to go out, out like a sucka!" Plus you're on defense...What would Ray Lewis say? The last time I cried someone died...how the hell do you cry on a field full of grown ass men...grown ass men that may be trying to hit you later?!?!? Now this guy is young..21 but at 21 you weren't going to catch me somewhere crying. Even if my mother yelled at me, which by then she wasn't, I wouldn't be crying. Hell at 16 I would have died of shame to cry cause I got yelled at. I can only imagine what dude will have to go through if he makes this team.

6 Comments:

Blogger emeralda said...

oh , me first here *gg*

well well, as a woman...who defends old values while being perceived as an emancipated feminist (weird, isn't it) I understand your point. But, to say it with the words of my dad, every prince used to have to have lost a battle before he could become a king. and for sure crying is a looser statement here in your eyes.

on the other hand, the soft mommy instinct inside of me goes like 'what the hell is he saying, can t a man cry? I mean, you have no clue what happened to him that day! who are we to judge anyways!!!

but then again...i see that the reason at hand makes him really a looser...

blabla, whatever. but i hope you see that at times it is a sign of strength if a man can show his feelings.

4:32 PM  
Blogger Luke Cage said...

I saw this on PTI yesterday and it bugged me out. I don't know the specifics, but all I know is he'll never hear the end of it. Sports players are relentless! He'll hear about this until he retires..

7:45 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

Excuse me—I am glad this brother showed his emotions by crying. For a lot of men, anger is the only appropriate response and so if they are sad, happy, disappointed, jealous, or afraid—whatever—they pick a fight. At least he could show he was hurt without decking someone. Shucks.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Amadeo said...

I would try and feel sorry for him but people who have played a sport know you can't cry when the coach yells at you...at least not on the field.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Dayrell said...

Damn? Now that's a brave a$$ brutha to cry in front of everyone like that. LOL!

6:03 PM  
Blogger Jdid said...

in the immortal words of professor X you sissssssy!

course i wouldnt actually say that to his face

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home