10.04.2005

That's what I get




"Pain don't hurt"

I am of a mind that pain does not really hurt. I mean it hurts, but...let me explain. Pain is your bodies method of letting you know that something is wrong. Once you know whats wrong you have to correct the situation. When I recognize the problem I can ignore the pain...in most cases. Right now I am not in pain...I am a little sore though. This can all be traced to the fact that I did not go running all summer like I usually do. This combined with the fact that I ran a mile and then hit the weights afterwards has left a brother a little sore. This is not the bad part. The thing is I'm targeting my legs more than anything so this is where I am most sore. To the delight of anyone who wants to laugh at me my stiffness is only visable when I walk down steps or first begin walking. I look like an old man. I knew I should have ran this summer. The weights thing is never an issue, it's like riding a bike you might not start where you were, but you can get back there. With running it just sucks to run out of breath at a place where you know you would have been going strong in the past. So I am now petitioning for a female massuere willing to work in exchange for humorous comments and unique insights. I haven't had any takers yet. Now I'm about to buy me some ankle weights to keep on throughout the day to help keep up the progression. It sucks starting out, but its good to know what I'm doing....ahhh, getting back on point.

6 Comments:

Blogger Breez said...

I can unfortunately relate. Getting back on track requires paying for past sins first. That being said, I'm going to get my heating pad.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Felicite said...

> work in exchange for humorous comments and unique insights

But you give that to all of us free?

2:14 PM  
Blogger Ddot the King said...

Great post man. I really like your blog. Keep it up!

3:07 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

>>The thing is I'm targeting my legs more than anything so this is where I am most sore.

thanks. people everywhere are thanking you. in college I used to always see these dudes with buff upper bodies and two lil' birrrrd legs. but you avoid that sand trap. good lookin' out.

5:06 PM  
Blogger Black Wombmyn Chat said...

At least you're pretty athletic and are trying to regain a previous standard that you'll soon be able to meet. Me? I'm just trying to be able to be able to go low while playing "Atomic Dog" and not have aching thighs the next morning.

5:33 PM  
Blogger emeralda said...

yeah i feel you on that.
fortuntely i just got fitter now, as i ahve to drive my nice to the gym all the time and work out as long as she is there, or go running at the beach. and the funny thing is, once i do that on a regular basis, i miss it when i don't work out for a day or two...and i feel the degression (is that a word?) when i miss too many days...

good luck

i d give you a good massage if i was whereever you are. i am really good at that (unfortunately my sister found out and now she refuses to get up at morning unless i give her a massage....... ;-)

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home