10.06.2005

Thou shalt not Judge...please



"This whole damn legal system is out of order!"

The other day Humanity Critic posted about some criminal activities he was involved in and it made me think about my experiences with the law. While I will not at this point in time divulge some of the things I've done, I will get into the worse two feelings in the world. Getting locked up and going to court. First of all I'm sure every black man has something going on whenever he has to talk to the police, but knowing that they are about to arrest you is a real bitch. I don't know about where you're from, but Centeral Bookings here sucks ass. Beyond the "procedure" that you go through, you sit in a stone cell with a bunch of other dudes. They take most of your stuff meaning under shirts and things and then they start blasting the A.C. (the goddamned A.C.). Sitting on a concrete slab in January with the air conditioner going S-U-C-K-S. Then to make it more fun, you're going to sit in this cell for hours. When I say hours I mean get locked up at noon and you might be out after midnight...maybe. Then you see the commisioner who says what's what and then you go sit in another cell for I don't know how long. The second cell is worse cause you know when they let you out you're going home and it takes forever. So you finally get to go home (carrying your shit in a clear plastic bag minus lighters or nicotine products) luckily in Bmore nothings far so I was able to walk home at 3a.m. really pissed off and cold. But it doesn't stop there boys and girls, the real fun has not yet begun. You still have a court date. Nothing like having your fate in the hands of a tempermental person who is basically running shit. Better hope the judge is having a good day. So your summons says arrive at 8:30, but so did everyones. So you sit in a wooden bench anticipating your name being called and when they do your damn heart is in your throat. Now I know what charges usually yield what sentence, but nothing is worse than not having control when your freedom is on the line. In one of my court appearances the judge actually laughed at the description of what we were said to possess. Didn't make me feel any better. The worse thing about it is I'm the type of person who has argued with cops so that natural resistance is still present, it's just the thought that the judge is passing a sentence tempers it. However since I never really got caught doing much I was able to feel one of the best feelings in the world. Leaving court knowing you're done. Pay my fine and leave. Ready to cause havok once again amongst the populace. At least when you get several blocks from the court house. I would recommend to my readers that if you have to get arrested, do it in the city. Counties take things more serious and have more time to deal with you. Especially whatever county it is in Virgina where Kings Dominion is...bastards. Counties like to penalize you more monetarily than cities. Why the hell you arrest someone for having weed and then conduct an analysis to see what it is. I think knowing what it was facilitated the charge. Damn $250.00 testing fee. Did I mention to hell with Kings Dominion? Have fun and party safe kids!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I grew up in the D.C./VA. metro area and they just don't play down there. I have to say I've been in jails all over but you don't wanna play in Md. either, especially not Baltimore. If you're lucky, you in a more modern, newer jail but way back when, my old school ass did time with no air conditioninh, etc. Nothings worse than being locked up, waiting to go to court and hoping to God someone bails you out. That's what separates the men from the boys, the girls from the women,the big dogs from the pups, for sure.

5:15 PM  
Blogger HomeImprovementNinja said...

You should read "The Assimilated Negro's" story about how he got arrested while trying to return a movie at blockbuster. His crime was being in a bad neighborhood while black. At least he sued the bastards.

8:19 AM  
Blogger BeautyinBaltimore said...

My ex"the beast" got sent to central booking. He had the nerve to tell me he cried. I told him he better watch that or someone was going to make him their girlfriend.

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home